- 3/4 cup black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup tomatoes with green chilies ( 1/2 of a can), drained
- 3/4-1 pound chicken tenders, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper or a combination of each, sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese
- For the taco seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Combine taco seasonings in a small bowl, set aside.
Spray a 7 x 9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
Spread bottom with the beans, then the tomatoes.
Evenly place chicken over tomatoes, sprinkle with half the taco seasoning, place peppers and onions on top of chicken and remaining seasoning.
Top with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.