- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless 1-inch thick pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 Georgia cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350º.
Combine chili powder, salt and pepper, then season the chops on both sides with mixture.
In a large skillet, heat oil and brown the chops for about 5 minutes per side.
Transfer chops to a rimmed baking sheet and place in the over to continue cooking an additional 10 -15 minutes or until done (165º).
In the same skillet, melt butter, then add the apples and cinnamon.
Cook over medium to low heat until apples are soft and brown around the edges, about 7- 10 minutes.
Add syrup and stir to combine. Transfer chops to a platter and pour apples over top.