- 1 10-ounce package yellow rice, cooked (use chicken broth instead of water)
- 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
Cook rice according to package directions, but using chicken broth instead of water.
Transfer rice to large mixing bowl, and allow to cool at least 30 minutes.
Stir in beans, tomatoes, onion and pepper.
In second bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and basil. Toss this into rice mixture.
Serve cold. Serves 8-10.