- 2 pounds stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large beer (preferably dark)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 small potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 large carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
Heat oil in large skillet, sear meat until brown, remove meat from skillet.
Add garlic, deglaze the skillet with the beer.
Pour beer into crock pot and whisk in corn starch, add meat and remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours or until ingredients are tender.
Remove bay leaves before serving.