- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 24 slices sweet onion
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- 12 long wooden skewers (soaked in water for several hours)
- Ranch dressing for dipping
Combine ranch dressing and chili powder in a large bowl or storage bag, then add chicken and coat well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour, and up to 3 hours.
Thread one end of the bacon onto a wooden skewer, then a slice of onion, then a piece of chicken. Turn the skewer so the slice of bacon hangs down, then repeat with onion and chicken, weaving bacon over each piece. Place 3 to 5 pieces of chicken on each skewer. Push all pieces to the center of the skewer.
Grill over medium heat turning every 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 12 to 15 minutes total.
Serve with additional ranch dressing. Makes 12 servings.