- 14 ounces bread, torn into 1 inch pieces, approximately 10 cups
- 2 cups fresh Georgia Blueberries, divided
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup blueberry syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons blueberry syrup for top of casserole
- 2 tablespoons melted butter for top of casserole
Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish, place half the bread cubes in bottom.
Evenly distribute the cream cheese and 1 cup blueberries on top of bread. Top with remaining bread then blueberries.
In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, ½ cup blueberry syrup and ¼ cup melted butter. Gently pour over bread mixture being careful to distribute evenly. Bake for 1 hour or until firm and golden brown.
Drizzle remaining butter and syrup over top of casserole before serving.
Serve warm. Serves 8-10.