- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage (preferably Italian sausage)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, not drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Brown sausage, beef and onion together, drain.
In large stock pot, mix all the ingredients together and simmer for one hour. (Note: You can also cook in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours on low.)
Garnish with sour cream, grated cheese and tortilla chips.
This recipe was from the Pantry Pride cookbook, which was sponsored by the Georgia Food Bank Association, the Arby’s Foundation, and Georgia 4-H. The Cowboy Taco Soup recipe was submitted by Mitchell County 4-H’er Kyle Hamilton, and this won first place. The purpose of the Pantry Pride contest was to help promote easy to make recipes from items that are readily available at your local Food Bank.