- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn cut from the cob, about 5-6 ears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red or sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
Cook corn in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes, cool and cut kernels from cob.
Place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt an pepper.
Place remaining vegetables in bowl with corn and toss in olive oil mixture.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.