- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 25 uncle jar prepared marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, packed and chopped
Spread eggplant on paper towels and sprinkle with salt, allow to sweat for about 20 minutes on each side.
Gently rinse off salt and pat with a paper towel to dry.
Place beaten eggs in a shallow bowl, bread crumbs Italian seasoning salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
Dip egg plant in egg then bread crumbs, place an a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden but still soft.
Place 1/4 cup marinara sauce in bottom of casserole dish, place 1/3 of eggplant over sauce, next layer 1/3 mozzarella , 1/3 Parmesan, 1/3 basil, repeat layers top with Parmesan and sprinkle wit extra basil.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.