- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread, or other unsliced loaf of bread
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound salami
- 1/2 pound sliced ham
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
Combine olive oil, vinegar, pesto and pepper.
Cut bread in half, spread oil mixture evenly on both cut sides.
Layer provolone and remaining ingredients in order listed.
Tightly wrap sandwich in plastic wrap, place a heavy object such a heavy frying pan in top of the sandwich, refrigerate overnight.
Slice sandwich into serving sizes and wrap in deli paper to serve.