- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium Vidalia Onions, thinly sliced(about 6 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 pie crust
- Parchment paper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Melt butter in a large skillet and cook onions and next 3 ingredients until onions are tender.
Unroll pie crust and roll or press onto a 12 inch circle.
Place pie crust on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, brush with 1/2 the egg white.
Sprinkle half the cheese in center of crust, spoon onion mixture over cheese leaving a 2 inch border, top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
Fold pie crust edges up and over onions pleating as you go, creating a 3-4 inch circle in the center, brush with remaining egg white.
Bake at 425 degrees on the bottom rack 15-17 minutes until brown, allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.