- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pickle juice from jar of pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hard cooked eggs, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender.
Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Drizzle pickle juice over warm potatoes and toss gently, cool to room temperature about 20 minutes.
Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Pour over potatoes, add remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine.
Chill before serving.