- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained
- 14.5 ounce can tomatoes with green chili’s
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Combine all spices together in a small bowl
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray, add beans, tomatoes and chicken spaced evenly over tomatoes.
Sprinkle with half the taco seasoning and peppers and onions, top with remaining seasoning and cover with cheese.
Bake covered for 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and vegetables are tender.
Garnish as wanted with cilantro, green onion, sour cream, or salsa