- 2-3 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 9 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place chopped tomatoes in a colander sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, and allow to drain for about 30 minutes.
Combine cheeses and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
To assemble the pie place drained tomatoes on bottom of pie crust, top with onions and basil, leaves, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Gently spread cheese mixture over tomatoes, spreading to the edges of the crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.